It has been a bittersweet day for T&T… Our country’s second Olympic Gold Medal ever came on the heels of a major flooding crisis in Northwest Trinidad. At TALK CITY 91.1 FM, it is our mission to bring you the news and history-making events as they happen, and today was no different. Simultaneously with coverage of the Flooding Crisis were updates on Keshorn Walcott’s historic Olympic debut… [Posts began at 3.35 p.m.]
A quick nod to the Olympics… Follow Keshorn Walcott’s historic Olympic debut here http://www.london2012.com/athletics/event=athletics-men-javelin-throw/
GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! KESHORN WALCOTT WINS T&T ITS SECOND EVER GOLD MEDAL!!! AND OUR FIRST FOR A FIELD EVENT!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!
– Keshorn was a cricketer at the age of 17. One day he was watching his cousin and friends do their decathlon training, and challenged them to a “javelin throw-down” .
– On his very first throw of the javelin, at the tender age of 17, Keshorn threw the CARIFTA record distance… and the rest is history!
– When Keshorn is under pressure, he is at his very best, as we saw today in the Javelin Finals
– Keshorn is a very quiet personality, who is always humble
– He would be blown away by his amazing achievement today, especially since he bested and beat his mentor in the sport, Andreas Thorkildsen of Norway
– In addition, Toco citizens intend to have major victory celebrations on Monday, following Keshorn’s return to the country tomorrow…